Do you want to have a unique experience and admire the night sky from one of the most privileged places in the world? NASA describes it as the window to the universe. With that we tell you everything. Do not miss the best rated excursions to see stars on Teide. Connect with nature and the universe in an adventure that will leave you speechless.
Here we leave you with the best stargazing companies on Teide and their experiences explained.
Night trekking through the Cañadas del Teide
🕒 Duration: 3 hours
🔊 Languajes: Spanish and English
This activity is a night hike of approximately 5 kilometers through the Cañadas del Teide. In it, you will be able to admire the celestial vault in all its splendor and learn to distinguish the stars in the sky of Teide and its canyons. The guide will explain the different phenomena and astronomical elements that can be observed. After the walk, you will enjoy a small snack before returning to the Parador Nacional. Includes flashlight and snacks.
Free tour of the Teide National Park
🕒 Duration: 2 hours
🔊 Languajes: Español e Inglés
The free tour of the Teide National Park is a hiking route of 6 kilometers long that will take you to know the natural monuments of the Cañadas del Teide. During the tour, the guide will reveal how the Teide was formed and explain why this natural area is so rich in endemic species.
Excursion to Teide + Entrance to the cable car from the North
🕒 Duration: 5 hours
🔊 Languajes: Spanish ang English
The Teide excursion is a five-hour activity that includes pick-up at different points in Tenerife and the ascent to the Teide cable car at an altitude of 2,356 meters. Once at the top, you will have an hour of free time to enjoy the views and explore the place at your own pace. Afterwards, we will take you by bus to the Roques de García, where you will be able to contemplate one of the most famous views of Teide. The activity ends with the return to the initial pick-up point. The excursion includes bus transportation, entrance to the cable car and official guide in Spanish. Lunch is not included.
Stargazing safari experience, Tenerife
🕒 Duration: 2 – 6.5 hours
🔊 Laguajes: Spanish, English and German
The stargazing activity in the Teide National Park is a unique experience that offers the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the night sky accompanied by expert astronomy guides. In addition to stargazing, a delicious Canarian dinner and a glass of cava are offered while admiring the sunset from the top of the sea of clouds. Computerized telescopes and lasers are used for the night sky safari, and warm clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended. Optional pick-up service is available.
Guided excursion to see the sunset on Teide and star gazing with dinner
🕒 Duration: 9 hours
🔊 Languajes: English, Dutch, German and French
In this day trip in the Teide National Park you will enjoy the sunset and the contemplation of the starry sky in Tenerife. In addition, you will have the opportunity to admire the panoramic views and the pine forests of the park with the help of an astronomer guide who will teach you to recognize the constellations and to understand the cartography of the night sky.
Teide with dinner and stargazing
🕒 Duration: 5 hours
🔊 Languajes: Spanish and English
The tour starts with a typical Canarian dinner at Bodegas Reverón, where you will taste different local wines in the village of Vilaflor. Afterwards, you will head to the Teide National Park, where an expert stargazing guide will show you and explain the different stars in the night sky. Pick up service is offered in the south of Tenerife (only from Los Gigantes to Golf del Sur). The tour could be done in different languages at the same time.
Teide National Park: stargazing
🕒 Duration: 80 minutes
🔊 Languajes: Spanish and English
This stargazing tour will take you to explore the night sky without light pollution in the Teide National Park. With the help of an expert guide, you will learn to recognize the constellations and the main stars without the need for instruments. Then, by getting into astronomical observation with a telescope, you will have the opportunity to see the most outstanding celestial objects of the night. During the tour, Greek mythology and the shapes and positions of the constellations will also be explained. The tour includes insurance, hotel pick-up and drop-off service and dinner.
Teide night and sunset tour with star gazing and collection of the stars
🕒 Duration: 6,5 hours
🔊 Languajes: Spanish, English and French
This tour will allow you to enjoy the majesty of the sunset and the breathtaking night sky in the Teide National Park. The activity begins with a pick up at your accommodation and continues with the contemplation of the sunset from a viewpoint at 2,000 meters above sea level. Then you will be able to observe the night sky away from the city lights with the help of an astronomical guide and professional telescopes.
What is the best time for stargazing on Teide?
The best time of the year to see stars on Teide is any time of the year at nightfall, but ideally on a clear day and on a new moon.
The astronomical observation experience varies according to the time of year and the time of sunset.
- January: The Quadrantids are a meteor shower visible from Mount Teide during the first week of the month, especially around day 3-4.
- July: During the month of July you can observe the meteor shower of the Aquarid Deltas, which reach their maximum around the 28th.
- August: The Perseids, also known as “tears of San Lorenzo”, are one of the most spectacular meteor showers of the year and can be observed from Mount Teide in mid-August, especially around the 12th.
- December: The Geminids are another of the most outstanding meteor showers of the year, and their maximum occurs around the 14th.
In addition to these meteor showers, there are other key dates for astronomical observation from Teide:
- October: During this month you can see the constellation Draco, one of the largest and most spectacular constellations in the night sky, as well as the constellation Orion, one of the most recognizable and popular.
- November: The constellation Taurus is visible from Teide during this month, and stands out for the presence of the star Aldebaran and the Pleiades cluster.
- Summer: During the summer months, it is possible to observe the Summer Triangle, a formation made up of three bright stars located high in the sky, as well as the Milky Way, a misty band across the sky that is more visible during this time of the year.
Remember that to fully enjoy the astronomical observation from Teide it is advisable to choose a clear night with a new moon or crescent moon, to avoid the light of the moon and to be able to see the stars and other celestial objects better.
What are the best times to see the stars on Teide?
The best times for stargazing on Teide vary according to the time of year and the time of sunset.
During the summer months, the astronomical observation experience takes place around 20:30-21:00 hours, while in winter it takes place between 18:00-18:30 in the evening.
In addition, it is recommended that the moon be in the new moon phase, since if it is in the full moon phase, its brightness may make it difficult to observe fainter celestial objects.
Where is the best place to see the stars inside the Teide National Park?
The best place to see the stars on Teide on your own is in the Teide National Park. There are several observation points in the park, but the Mirador de Chío (see on Google Maps) is one of the best places to see the stars due to its elevated location and easy access by car.
You can also go to the Mirador de los Poleos (see on Google Maps), which is located in the Llano de Ucanca area, where you can enjoy panoramic views of the sky.
For stargazing on Teide it is necessary to get away from urban areas and have a clear sky, so these places are ideal for it.
7 reasons why it’s better to hire a tour than to see the stars on your own
- Expertise and knowledge: Tour guides have extensive knowledge about tourist sites, including local rules and regulations, as well as local culture and history.
- Specialized equipment: Tourist excursions often provide specialized equipment, such as telescopes, for stargazing.
- Transportation: Experiences offer transportation, which means you don’t have to worry about driving or finding your way around.
- Safety: Tour guides are trained to ensure the safety of tourists. In addition, when traveling in a group, there is less risk of security problems.
- Exclusive access: In some places, such as Teide, there are restrictions on access and opening hours. Tourist tours have exclusive access to certain areas and can schedule visits during appropriate hours.
- Time savings: Organized activities offer a structured itinerary, so you won’t have to worry about planning your visit and you’ll spend less time on transportation and red tape.
- Comfort: The excursions offer amenities, such as food and drink, which means you won’t have to worry about bringing your own food and drink.