Connecting with your body and mind is possible if you do it with the help of experienced instructors.
Book your yoga class in El Médano and live the experience of uniting body and soul in the middle of nature.
You don’t need experience! There is always a first time 😉
Yoga classes in El Médano
Vinyasa Flow with Magmayoga
Yoga in El Médano with Eva
Yoga classes with Sense Yoga
Open air yoga sessions in El Médano with influences from different disciplines such as Sivananda Yoga and Ashtanga.
The objective: to find new sensations, movements and learning that will help us to listen to and understand ourselves.
Feel the magic of yoga with Silvia, a certified instructor, by booking one of her classes on the beach.
First of all… What is yoga?
The practice of Yoga is an ancient Hindu discipline that is more than 5000 years old. But it is also a philosophy of life, something that the instructors at El Médano know first hand.
In practice, by combining asana, breathing, meditation and other methods, we achieve a balance between body and mind.
There are different types of yoga, as well as exercises, techniques and postures that ultimately allow us to have a better physical and mental control.
Yoga combines different postures, controlled breathing and meditation to help practitioners feel better emotionally, physically and mentally. The practice offers numerous health benefits, which explains in part why it is so popular.
Yoga is open to everyone: from beginners to experts, children and adults, men and women.
9 benefits of practicing yoga
- Improves flexibility. Yoga increases range of motion and improves flexibility of muscles and joints.
- Reduces stress. Yoga is an excellent antidote to stress. Breathing exercises, meditation and yoga postures help you relax and allow you to forget about everyday problems.
- Improves muscle strength. Yoga postures work the muscles in a subtle and deep way, which helps to improve muscle strength and endurance.
- Helps you lose weight. Practising yoga increases calorie burning and improves muscle strength and endurance, which contributes to weight loss.
- Improves posture. Yoga postures work the muscles of the trunk and back, which helps improve posture.
- Improves balance. Regular yoga practice improves balance and stability. This helps prevent falls and injuries.
- Improves cardiovascular endurance. Yoga is a gentle cardiovascular workout that improves cardiovascular endurance and helps lower blood pressure.
- Increases concentration. Regular yoga practice improves concentration and memory. This helps you be more productive and improve your performance at work and school.
- Improves sleep. Regular yoga practice helps reduce stress and relaxes the body and mind. This helps you to have a deeper and more restful sleep.
Why do yoga in El Médano?
It doesn’t matter where you’re from. It doesn’t matter how old you are. It doesn’t matter if you’re inexperienced. It doesn’t even matter if you’re just passing through.
Practicing yoga in El Médano is a wonderful experience, whichever way you look at it.
Not only because of the benefits of yoga, but also because, let’s be honest, it’s not the same to do yoga outdoors in El Médano as it is to do it indoors in Madrid, for example.
The sandy beach, the sea breeze, the sound of the waves? Yoga in El Médano allows you to connect with nature and yourself, away from the traffic and noise of the city.
An experience worth practicing at least once, especially with instructors as passionate about yoga as the ones you have just seen.