The cliffs of Los Gigantes is one of the most spectacular landscapes of Tenerife. And even more so if you approach them by kayak to feel their immensity up close.
We present you the best kayak route around Los Gigantes to do with professional guides by booking your excursion.
The best kayaking route along the cliffs of Los Gigantes
The excursion departs from the marina of Los Gigantes, along the cliffs of Los Gigantes in a round trip kayak route with a duration of 2 hours.
At one point of the excursion, there will be a short stop to snorkel and enjoy a spectacular seabed in the middle of nature.
At all times, the guides will accompany you and show you the characteristics and curiosities of this natural wonder of the Canary Islands.
For safety, a support and assistance boat will accompany the group throughout the activity. It should be noted that the sea is always calm in the area, so it is a safe and low difficulty activity.
Being an aquatic activity in the sea, it is essential to know how to swim and to be in good physical and mental condition.
Make your reservation online and get a cheaper price than on platforms like Getyourguide or Civitatis.
Check out the video of the activity!
- Self-bailing kayak, backrest, paddle and lifejacket
- Support boat
- One drink
- Digital photo book
- Acc and RC insurance
You must bring your own swimsuit and sunscreen. The rest of your personal belongings can be left in the tent during the route.
|Children under 10 years old||10€|
Children under 10 years old do not paddle. They will be in the middle of the kayak between two adults.
Timetables and meeting point
Available times: 11:00h // 14:00h // 16:30h
- You must be 15 minutes before the start of the route at PANTALÁN 6. PORT OF THE GIANTS.
- It is advisable to leave in advance to find parking in peace and quiet, especially in high season.
- The car park at the Puerto Deportivo de Los Gigantes has to be paid for. Free parking is available in other areas.
Kayaking with children in Los Gigantes
Children under 10 years of age will go without paddling, placed in the center of the kayak between two adults.
From 10 years old, boys and girls can row and would occupy the adult place.
Cancellation of the activity
- 50% of the amount will be refunded if cancelled between 24 and 48 hours in advance.
- 100% of the amount will be refunded if the tour is cancelled between 24 and 48 hours in advance.
- If the excursion is cancelled due to bad weather forecast, the full amount will be refunded or a different date and/or route will be proposed.
- No refund will be given if the tour is cancelled less than 24 hours before the activity is due to take place.
- No refund will be made for no-shows or arrivals more than 15 minutes late.
Make your reservation online
Tips before kayaking Los Gigantes
Los Gigantes cliffs are a unique natural landscape in the world. The kayaks of the activity are easy to handle and no previous experience is necessary. However, here are some kayaking tips for beginners.
- Sit upright, straight and with your back to the seat. Your toes should point outwards and your heels should point towards the centre of the kayak.
- It’s best to paddle gently at first so you don’t get tired. Gradually pick up the pace as your muscles warm up. Even so, bear in mind that this is a group activity and you should not separate yourself from the group.
- You must not stray from the group. During the whole route you will be accompanied by a professional guide and even a support boat. So that everything is under control, you must always respect the pace of the group.
- Do not make any sudden movements. Kayaks are easy to control when going downstream, but sudden movements in the opposite direction can destabilise you.